Ringworm-the name is pretty misleading as it is not a worm but a fungal pathogen. This skin infection produces round, red, scaly and itchy patches on the skin that enlarge over a week. It could also lead to raised lesions and may occur anywhere on humans and pets. Often, ringworm affects the scalp as well as facial hair in men. The contagious skin condition is easily transmitted from infected pets and humans to healthy individuals. Conventional therapy for ringworm includes use of anti-fungal medicines. Patients need to take these drugs orally or apply the creams topically for several weeks to see results. Today, we are reviewing a FDA- approved product- Phytozine cream- for getting rid of ringworm permanently.
Product review of Phytozine cream for natural ringworm treatment
Phytozine is an affordable topical ringworm medicine. It is readily available online and offline. Apart from Tolnaftate, it contains many natural anti-fungal ingredients. If you buy this product from online retailers you can even get a 100% money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the results.
What does Phytozine cream for natural ringworm treatment contain?
Phytozine contains the following active ingredients:
- 1% tolnaftate-Tolnaftate is one of the safest anti-fungal products available for treating Jock’s Itch, Athlete’s foot and other tinea infections. In fact; studies have shown that it is the only safe and effective medicine available over-the-counter for preventing Athlete’s Foot. One study showed a 90% cure rate in Athlete’s Foot patients who used Tolnaftate. However, one must not use Tolnaftate for prolonged periods on the groin area for Jock’s Itch. This is because the groin is a very sensitive region. Doctors recommend using no more than 1% solution of this medicine for ringworm.
- Tea tree oil– Tea tree oil has antifungal properties and is widely used to address different types of fungal infections including ringworm.
- Camphor-Camphor is a crystalline and sublime substance used for spot treating all kinds of skin infections. It is healing and antiseptic.
- Lavender– Lavender has gentle healing and relaxing properties but it also has another side as a ‘fungal fighter’. It works mainly due to its ability to penetrate deep into the skin and get to the bottom of the infection. Lavender also fights inflammation and prevents itchiness.
- Jasmine-In many countries[i] including Tibet, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Cuba and Fiji, Jasmine is used to treat ringworm.
- Clove– Like tea tree oil, clove is also anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal. According to some reports, clove exhibits broad antimicrobial properties against fungi. This research supports clove’s traditional use as a treatment for ringworm.
Apart from above active ingredients, Phytozine also contains Aloe Vera, Sweet Almond oil, Menthol, Rose oil and Cocoa butter.
Is Phytozine cream safe for treating ringworm in pets?
Although Phytozine contains all natural ingredients, one must not use it on dogs and cats as it could lead to skin irritation. Always consult your vet before using any product on pets.
Does Phytozine work on toenail fungus?
According to many users, Phytozine does not work on toenail fungus since it does not penetrate the nail bed. If the fungus is present underneath the toenail, it is best to use numbing agents, remove the nail completely or partially and then use an antifungal medicine on the affected region.
Does Phytozine work on scalp ringworm?
No. It is best to use anti-fungal shampoos like Nizoral for treating tinea infections that affect the scalp and beard.
Does Phytozine cream for natural ringworm treatment really work?
Many users have given Phytozine cream a 5-star rating. Thousands of patients have successfully used this cream to heal ringworm quickly. Patients who have had ringworm for more than 30 years have also seen results in 8 weeks of treatment. However, in order for Phytozine to work, you must follow some basic precautions. These include:
- Keeping the skin clean and dry always
- Washing all infected items (clothes, towels, brushes etc) in hot water.
- Avoiding sharing personal items with other members
- Using Phytozine on affected areas 2-3 times a day for at least 4 weeks.
Taking oral anti fungal medicines can harm the liver. If you are suffering from recurrent tinea infections, try Phytozine cream regularly to see results.